Virginia Craft Beer month is here and Stafford, Virginia is excited to celebrate! Curious about the best ways to enjoy the breweries in the Stafford region? We are here to help you navigate all the opportunities in Stafford and the surrounding areas to get the most out of your month! Our local breweries offer more than just beer and a great atmosphere. From game nights to live local music, or food trucks and trivia, Stafford is the place to spend Virginia Craft Beer Month!
The best place to start is by exploring our website for local breweries. Check out the region’s Fredericksburg Area Beer Trail, also known as the FAB Trail. This is a great opportunity to taste the best of the best breweries in the Stafford region and have some fun while you do it. Up for a challenge? Make a game out of the FAB trail by visiting 5 or 9 of the breweries, get a stamp, and you can submit your passport for prizes. Download your passport here to get started on enjoying brews through three different communities in Northern Virginia. We know you’ll get hungry so take advantage of our restaurant savings pass available which offers discounts to local restaurants. Our five local breweries not only have award-winning brews, but also host a variety of events during the week and every weekend. Here’s a sneak peak of their upcoming events and happenings:
- Visit Highmark Brewing Company for Open Mic Night with Larry Hinkle. Larry is a professor at the local University of Mary Washington, ukulele maker, and also talented artist. Join in on the fun and hear local musicians like Larry perform in the taproom, available every Thursday night.
- Adventure Brewing Company keeps things interesting on Thursday nights with Unfamily-Friendly Family Feud. Just like on tv, this “game show” experience challenges you to defend your team’s honor with lightning-quick responses! Come and watch or join in on the fun! In September, Adventure Brewing Company will be hosting their annual Oktoberfest – check out details here.
- Discover 6 Bears & A Goat Brewing Company’s taproom, onsite restaurant, and putting disc golf course for an afternoon at the brewery. You can always hear live music boasting local articles on the weekends. In October, 6 Bears & A Goat Brewing Company will be hosting the first ever Fredtoberfest – details here.
- You can always find live music and a range of local food trucks at Barely Naked Brewing Company. Kick back and enjoy the sounds of Stafford with a cold one. They are very active on social media and you can find all of there upcoming music and food trucks on their Facebook page!
- Relax, unwind, and enjoy great beer by for a pint at Wild Run Brewery. This unique brewery is located at the area’s Aquia Pines Campgrounds in Stafford.
Stafford has so many options to explore, taste, and celebrate Virginia Craft Beer Month. Craft Beer doesn’t have to just be celebrated in August, celebrate it yearlong! Whether you’re discovering one of our breweries for the first time, or revisiting one of your favorites, consider planning a day or spending a weekend in Stafford. For planning inspiration and to stay ahead of upcoming events, explore our Tour Stafford, Virginia website.