Not only is it the most wonderful time of the year but it’s also the busiest time of the year! With family, friends, or loved ones visiting, decorating the house, and so much more, December is sure to keep you occupied. We want to invite you to slow down this holiday season and get out in Stafford County, Virginia. Take a break from baking, shopping, and wrapping presents. Get yourself to Stafford as we celebrate the winter season! Here are six ways to squeeze in the holiday cheer in Stafford:
- Check out beautiful holiday decorations at Gari Melchers’ Home and Studio at Belmont.Do stunning decorations and bright lights make your heart flutter? Grab the family and experience the beautiful lights and decorations at Gari Melchers Home and Studio at Belmont’s Home for the Holidays exhibit running from November 25, 2022 to January 1, 2023.
- Take in a dazzling show with Riverside Center for the Arts’ Christmas Spectacular: Home for the Holidays.Experience an all-inclusive dinner and show at Riverside Center for the Arts while escaping the hustle and bustle of the holidays. The Christmas Spectacular is sure to excite the memories and joy during the holidays as the cast of singers and dancers present the very heart and essence of the holiday season. The production runs November 16 through December 31, 2022; visit their website for tickets and sales.
- Spend time being active and make memories with the Frosty Three Miler and Reindeer Run. If you are looking to be active this holiday season, set your pace with the Frosty Three Miler and Reindeer Run on December 10, 2022. You can run or walk the race in person or virtually to take part in this Stafford holiday tradition! Costumes always encouraged – we love to see Santas, Olafs, reindeer, and snowmen and more. Bring on the holiday cheer!
- Enjoy a Gingerbread Exhibit at George Washington’s Boyhood Home at Ferry Farm.Take in the whimsical sights and yummy smells of gingerbread creations during the 36th Annual Gingerbread House Contest and Exhibit at George Washington’s Ferry Farm. See the best edible houses in town starting on December 4 and running through December 30, 2022. Take time to see each gingerbread house and then have the opportunity explore the replica home of George Washington. Sit at the table where he would have enjoyed holiday meals and lay in the bed where he would have taken his holiday nap.
- Get bundled up and enjoy a brisk hike through one of Stafford’s outdoor areas.Pick a day full of sunshine and hit the trails in Stafford. Whether looking for a short one mile at Government Island or eight miles at Crow’s Nest Natural Area Preserve, grab some fresh air with loved ones this holiday season. Stafford parks offer amazing scenery, opportunities to see native wildlife, and pavilions for picnics. See a list of our parks and outdoor areas to explore on our website.
- Experience Potomac Point Vineyard and Winery’s trendy and cozy wine tents.
Spend a beautiful winter day or night with friends and family overlooking the vineyards of Potomac Point Winery in your own heated wine tent. Sip on award winning wines and enjoy a menu consisting of cheese & charcuterie platters, small plates, desserts, and more. Tent rentals include two hours & thirty minutes to enjoy all the vineyard has to offer. Best suited for four to eight guests, this makes a perfect night out with your closest friends. Wine tents are available for rent until March 2023 and make a great holiday gift! Availability goes fast so make your reservation today! Looking for something for a smaller group? Enjoy a firepit table at the bistro or cozy up next to the fire in the tasting room. There is something for everyone at Potomac Point Winery.
Whether you want to get outside in the brisk air or warm up by a fire, Stafford has something for everyone this winter season. With events that cater to the whole family or if you’re looking for a quick couples’ escape, make your way to Stafford, VA. Explore our website for a full list of things to do and events this holiday season including movie and game nights, holiday exhibits, and New Year’s Eve parties. Want to keep up with us throughout the year? Follow us on all our Tour Stafford, VA social media: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or sign up for our monthly newsletter here.