Application Opens: Today, Thursday, August 4
Application Closes: Tuesday, September 20 at 5:00PM
Background information: The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) is offering a marketing fund matching program for Virginia microbusinesses. The program is aimed at small tourism-related businesses with 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees including boutique retail, restaurants, food trucks, small attractions, craft breweries, distilleries, wineries, boutique lodging and B&Bs, and events focused on shoulder season visitation. VTC is providing matching funds up to $5000 for businesses with a targeted, research-based marketing plan.
Examples of marketing expenses that are eligible include, but are not limited to: digital advertising, social media boosts and sponsored ads, print advertising, hiring photographers and videographers, rack card printing and placement costs at Virginia Welcome Centers and Safety Rest Areas, display and promotional materials for trade shows and events.
Components of the grant program include:
- Who is eligible: Small tourism-related business with 20 or fewer full-time equivalent employees that can include but are not limited to: boutique retail, restaurants, food trucks, small attractions, craft breweries, distilleries, wineries, boutique lodging and B&Bs, outfitters and events/festivals focused on non-peak seasonal visitation.
- Additional eligibility: Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs), and groups such as Planning District Commissions, Economic Development Authorities (EDA’s) and Main Street organizations.
- Application Requirements: A targeted and research-based marketing plan that demonstrates how applicants will use the grant money for marketing and promotions to fulfill the purposes of the grant program.
- Match Requirement:1:1 cash or in-kind marketing match.
- Maximum Award:$5,000
- Application Period: Opens: August 4, 2022. Closes: September 20, 2022.
- How to Apply: vatc.org/grants